Capital Planning & Asset Management
With today’s ever-tightening budgets, facility managers need to do more with less. Pinchin can give you the facts on the most cost-effective strategy to manage building maintenance today and for the future. A Building Condition Assessment is a smart way to maximize building life and reduce repair and maintenance costs
Building Condition Assessment (BCA) includes:
- Inspection of building envelope, interior finishes, mechanical and electrical systems, and accessible structural components.
- Assessment of fire and life safety systems and exterior site features such as walkways, parking, and landscaping.
- Written and photographic documentation of each component together with observed deficiencies.
- Review of general documentation on repair and maintenance histories.
- Interviews with facilities and maintenance staff.
- A formal written report including observed deficiencies, estimated lifespan of building elements and systems, and a list of recommendations for repair or replacement with estimated costs.
Pinchin’s BCA services can be enhanced with a Reserve Fund Study, to help our clients develop long-term capital budget planning of expenditures for major repairs or replacements of building components and equipment.